14 January 2013

Snow!


Snow! Cor blimey, what a lot of snow! Actually I bet you don't care. Of course you don't. You have no need for me to tell you it's been snowing the the UK. This is the great problem with social media. It's much worse on Facebook or Twitter but blogs suffer as well.

People feel the urge to inform the world of the weather in their local area. This despite the fact that the majority of people they'll know on social media are their friends in that same local area. In the finest tradition of internet hypocrisy I'll give you my snow story.

Today I was at the Dalby Forest visitor centre when it started snowing. It was beautiful. Last night's snow was still hanging heavily on the tall trees, the whole place had a sort of magical feel to it. That sort of environment can be very inspiring. Using my writer's eye I could almost see a character running through the the pristine snow; they were being chased by something, exactly what I'm not sure as there was too much snow.

It's interesting how the smallest, or in this case largest, of things can inspiring.

1 comment: