15 January 2013

Guess what?


Yep the snow is still here. Shocking I know but there you go. I resisted the urge to go out and make snow angels and snowmen today. Instead I settled for clearing snow from cars and our yard. Fortunately it wasn't too cold and the sun managed to get out for a while.

I noticed an eerie scene last night. Despite living in a rural area I'm still near a main road partly illuminated by street lights. The orange lights were reflecting off the low cloud and freshly laid snow. The orange glow spread out far into the nearby fields, much further than normal. It made the whole area look a little spooky. It sparks the imagination, just what could be happening under that orange light?

Snow is an interesting thing. It can be viewed in so many ways. For children it's, by and large, a wonderful thing full of potential for play and closed schools. For adults though it's a terrible pain that causes travel chaos, burst pipes and slipping on pavements. I think what we should all want is to retain that child's love of snow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment